Stock adjustments are intended to correct and adjust inventory levels. Stock adjustments are very useful, for example, to correct the quantity of an item after a stock take or to write off damaged, promotional and returned units. It can also be used to handle user errors when entering new inventory. The Stock adjustment feature in Stock&Buy is designed to make adjustments to individual products, and provide more clarity on why changes were made.
To create a stock adjustment:
- Go to
Productson the main menu tab. Next, click on
Adjust inventory, located towards the top right of the page. This should bring you to the
- Select the reason of the inventory adjustment
- Enter the products and variants to be adjusted, their corresponding costs and quantities. Note that you can enter negative quantities if you would like to subtract stock from your inventory.
- A comments field is available for your if you need more space to describe the change you are making.
- Creating a stock adjustment will automatically update products and variants quantities in all connected sales channels.
- Stock adjustments should never be used to add purchased inventory or remove shipped inventory which should be handled in the Purchase order or Sales orders views, respectively. Inventory should always be received into stock against a purchase order and removed from stock for sales by shipping units out (completed sales orders).
- When items are added or removed from inventory, an accounting journal is automatically posted in order to adjust the asset value of inventory.